Skip to Main Content
We are Systematix and we are looking for a Data/Functional Analyst to fill a fulltime permanent position with one of our key clientele in Toronto.
About the Project
Reporting to the Manager of Data Analytics and Insights, this position is responsible for enforcing and upholding the importance of data policies and strategies to create a suite of analytics solutions to achieve organizational strategic goals and objectives. The data analyst works with various stakeholders to identify analytical needs, and translate the requirements; develop, compile and present the analysis supported by data. In addition, other responsibilities will include process improvement initiatives, as well as, participating in projects in business transformation and process improvement initiatives. The position is also required to understand and follow legislative requirements and guidelines.
This is for the most part a generalist role with responsibility for all the steps in data analytics life cycle, from gathering requirements from internal clients, ETL, EDA, pipelining to deployment of solution. The organization is putting in a lot of infrastructures, both in terms of technology as well as developing and applying discipline with proper documentation and policies. The ideal candidate has some experience in all of these areas and the maturity and discretion to handle privileged datasets and mentor junior data analysts.
About the Responsibilities
- Assist Manager, Data Analytics and Insights in management and development of various analytics projects across multiple business functions and teams
- Act as a primary source of expertise in the data structure and workflow of various supporting systems
- Work directly with business users with variety of level of expertise and requirements to identify and translate the business case into technical requirements for development of full analytics solutions
- Research and review large sets of data, using peer analysis with benchmarking and competitor analysis
- Evaluate query designs, data structure, and data quality to provide recommendation for improvement as needed
- Analyze problems and errors produced by business applications
- Develop targeted metrics and KPI’s for descriptive, and prescriptive analytics
- Work with teams to provide input into test strategy, test scenarios, test data requirements and support user validation
- Conduct insightful ad-hoc analysis to investigate ongoing, or one-time issues
- Develop documentation of key processes, issues, and assist in creating data dictionary
- Conduct analysis to validate system issues and work with IT to resolve those issues
- Provide training and support cross functional teams
- Complete all other duties as assigned
About the Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field
- 4-6 years experience in a similar role preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Functions, formulas, charts, tables, and power query)
- Demonstrated experience in Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate and creating suite of analytics dashboards
- 3-4 years of Proven Power BI Skills (Advanced DAX, Advanced Power Query, M Language forprocessing and POC building in PBI which requires ability tobuild complex data modelling and DAX measures)
- Good business acumen, ability to make sense of dollars and cents metrics of a financial company and understand how the KPI you build helps profitability in context of how the organization functions specifically
- Strong Communication Skills – written and verbal, documentation, presentation – and ability to break down technical ideas into business language and vice versa.
- Experience in data modelling, and financial modelling preferred
- Actively demonstrates confidentiality, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills, mathematical and data literacy
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must possess a detail oriented, critical thinking, and analytical mindset
About the Role
This a fulltime permanent opportunity with generous benefitsina hybrid role of remote and onsite work at client’s downtown Toronto offices.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume email@example.com. Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!