Skip to Main Content
About the Job
Systematix IT Solutions is looking for a Proposal Writer/Coordinator to be part of our Ottawa office, responding primarily to Government of Canada solicitations, and to assist in our company’s on-going success.
This is a hybrid work environment – you can choose to work remotely on a regular basis, but you need to reside within the Ottawa/Gatineau region.
About the Responsibilities
- Participate in the proposal preparation process, starting from the initial planning phase until submission. This work involves sourcing resources for IT/IM professional services, primarily in the realm of ERP or CRM systems like PeopleSoft, SAP, MS Dynamics CRM, and ServiceNow.
- Create, edit, and review proposal materials like candidate grids, résumés, corporate references, and other supplementary content.
- Collaborate with recruiters and the sales team to scrutinize and assess potential candidates for responses to RFP’s and individual task authorizations under the contract.
- Consult with potential candidates to gather necessary information to meet requests.
- Draft new technical documentation to respond to corporate criteria, reference requests, or when there is no relevant boilerplate content available in new service lines.
- Attend meetings with all members of the Ottawa team to provide updates on the bid status and to synchronize work efforts.
- Oversee procurement administration tasks, which includes reviewing procurement sites, downloading, saving, and storing RFP’s and other opportunities.
- Maintain documentation and acquire information on clients and/or resources using the internal document libraries. This entails recording anticipated opportunities, tracking proposals that are currently being prepared, and storing submitted proposals along with win/loss outcomes and relevant information.
About the Qualifications
- Experience with proposal writing and coordination is required. Candidates with all levels of experience will be considered, as our priority is finding the individual with the right skillset to complement our team.
- Experience with proposals in an IT/IM professional services context and experience responding to government RFPs is preferred.
- Must be skilled in and comfortable with writing technical content as well as occasionally writing creative content.
- Need to have skills and experience with the Microsoft 365 line of products, but especially Word and Excel.
- Since we are a small team who all need to work together, you should be okay with administrative work as well as Content Management activities as part of your job.
- You need to be detailed-oriented with a mind for quality assurance.
- You can work independently without the need for significant oversight, but also able to collaborate with others.
- You can manage strict deadlines and quick turnarounds.
- You must possess or be able to obtain a valid security clearance at the level of Enhanced Reliability.
Why Join Us?
- We promote a balanced lifestyle.
- The compensation package includes a competitive base salary, with the potential for variable compensation and team rewards.
- The benefits package is comprehensive, including medical and dental coverage, a telemedicine platform, an Employee Assistance Program, life insurance, and a fitness allowance.
- The workplace culture fosters excellent camaraderie among colleagues, and mutual respect is highly valued.