Skip to Main Content
Senior Cloud Engineer (Remote)
Systematix is currently looking for a Senior AWS Engineer to help support the growth in a diverse global infrastructure.
About the Project
Our client is one of the leading Diagnostics and Life Sciences companies, with offices around the world. Working as a Cloud Engineer for the Cloud technologies division, you will be responsible for the implementation of a growing number of services for a large global enterprise. As a key member of our team, you will be involved in defining and implementing standards, automation and innovative solutions that support the success of our collaborative, science and technology driven businesses.
Specifically, your responsibilities in this role are:
Owning the infrastructure build & deploy lifecycle; drastically reducing build, deploy & rollback times while simultaneously reducing risk and exposure.
- Working with key people in our global IT departments to provide secure, reliable Shared Services that you help design, test, implement and support.
- Assessing solution options pertaining to infrastructure, telecommunications, networking and cyber security
- Provide leadership and guidance to development and implementation teams to ensure the solutions are developed according to approved standards and guidelines.
About the Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other technical field
- 8+ years overall IT experience
- 5+ year of experience as a DevOps/Platform engineer.
- 5+ years of experience with AWS.
- Experience with Azure is a strong asset
- Experience/ good understanding of Microsoft Windows Server OS, Linux/Unix.
- Excellent scripting and automation skills in Bash, PowerShell, or Python.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering large-scale services on public clouds such as AWS.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities.
- AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect or AWS DevOps Engineer.
- Experience in Database Technologies (MS SQL, Oracle, RDS).
- Virtualization (primarily Hyper-V).
- ITIL principles knowledge.
About the Role
There is a 6 month contract to hire role. The position may be performed remotely in any time zone within North America.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or please refer someone who is qualified.
Systematix is one of North America’s largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. We provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and all Private Industry sectors.