Skip to Main Content
Systematix is currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join a team of experts on a variety of challenging and transformational projects.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Our client is a Canadian global company experiencing dramatic growth. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer who possesses the communication and collaboration skills to execute the end-to-end DevOps pipeline seamlessly, spanning development, build, test, release, deploy, and monitor stages.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE ENSURING:
- Speedy delivery: Increasing the frequency of software releases to accelerate product launches and improvements.
- Increased reliability: Incorporating testing at every stage of the SDLC to deliver error-free and optimized software.
- Low-risk scalability: Driving consistency and standardization in the SDLC to incorporate a greater number of features and new products.
- Reduced bottlenecks: Detecting and resolving issues faster, owing to close collaboration with the operations team.
- Greater efficiency: Reducing release times and efforts through automated tools for testing and security.
ABOUT THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a few years into your career
- You are a go-to mentor
- You have the proven technical skills in maintaining product and platform availability
- You are quick and honest to ask for feedback
- You are security-conscious, baking it into all aspects of the work
- You have a strong knowledge of the various public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google), using Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) to automate the mundane and error prone
- Someone who can demonstrate a better way of doing things and can show how we can bridge the gap.
- Confidence in constructing robust build and release pipelines that include code analysis, security and vulnerability scanning and gating
- A promoter of open and collaborative communication and knowledge sharing.
- Someone who can take a significant problem and break it down into manageable chunks
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
- A strong advocate for continual improvement, observability, and customer-first operations
- Knowledge of methodologies such as Scrum, Agile, ITSM
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a 6-month contract or a C2H possibility in a hybrid remote capacity in the Toronto office.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume or if willing, please refer someone who is qualified. Systematix is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned and oldest National Consulting, Solutions and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America, we provide the highest calibre engagements to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and all Private Industry sectors.
Although we appreciate your interest in this role, only persons deemed applicable to this role will be contacted.
Senior Lead Engineer
We are currently looking for a Lead Engineer experienced with business and technology projects.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is a Canadian headquartered global company with a substantial presence in the UK that is experiencing remarkable growth.
The Lead Engineer will report directly to the CIO. You will lead a team of professional developers as well as oversee the support team. The team focuses on imagining, designing, building, and operating the digital platforms mission-critical to the company’s customers success. The Lead Engineer sets sensible time frames, identifying, and managing risks, tracking, and controlling the progress of projects while coordinating with relevant team members. We are in search of someone with a passion for solving complex technical problems with elegant solutions, that thrives in a collaborative environment, welcomes feedback, and exhibits strong attention to detail.
As a Lead Engineer, you will work with the management team to enable an agile work style, facilitate multi-team projects, and troubleshoot between cross-functional teams.
You have the experience in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
RESPNSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Engineers, DevOps/SRE, QA and other technical roles, to develop and continuously improve product platforms
- Help facilitate and lead agile ceremonies
- Design, and lead the development and release of new features, integrations including new products
- Undertake and automate testing of the functionality, security, and performance of platforms
- Produce and maintain technical and design documentation, and review the efforts of others doing the same
- Modernize legacy platforms, drive the automation of manual engineering tasks and prioritizing speedy delivery over perfect code
- Push continued improvements of the knowledge base, the utilization of tooling, the methodologies, and the culture
YOUR EXCELLENCE WILL SHINE BECAUSE:
- You have the technical acumen to understand the platforms and how they work, as well as the activities they support
- You can competently support end users and customers of the platforms
- You are experienced in agile software development practices, and the tools, ceremonies and best practices involved in their implementation and execution
- You can deliver features that make a difference to how platforms perform, and how users interact with them in the performance of their roles. You help lead junior software engineers and assist other engineers to do the same
- You have developed the skills and have the experience in the delivery of B2B SaaS platforms, and the engineering of software solutions
- You build strong relationships with functional leaders, as well as management
- You are motivated, accountable, and organised in your work, and a strong collaborator across a variety of product and maintenance teams. You are a mentor and comfortable leading others to do the same
YOUR TECHNICAL EXPERTISE:
- 5+ years demonstrable experience in the use of the following front end, backend, and database tech stacks: PHP, Laravel, Symfony, jQuery, Linux, MySQL, and Azure. Must have.
- 10+ years demonstrable experience in designing and implementing large scale web applications leveraging advanced design patterns
- 5+ years demonstrable experience in the use of a wider array of front end, backend, and database tech stacks, such as: C#, ASP.NET, Angular, Python, AWS. Desirable.
- 5+ years demonstrable experience in the development or consumption of APIs and system integration
- 2+ years' experience leading development teams and/or mentoring and guiding junior software engineers
- Strong understanding of QA Engineering
- Strong understanding of DevOps/SRE processes, and experience operating web applications in this environment
- Leadership experience in implementing and operating teams using Scrum and Kanban
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; or
- Equivalent experience and training/personal development
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role is a six (6) month contract engagement with the probability of becoming a permanent fulltime position. This is a Hybrid working arrangement.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume. Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.