Senior Software Engineer
We are Systematix and we are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our client’s R&D program to develop automated Industrial manufacturing process controls.
About the Project
Our client is one of the leading Diagnostics and Life Sciences companies, with offices around the world. Working as a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing advanced algorithms for precision, automated Industrial manufacturing process controls. As a small team developing their own manufacturing automation & IoT controls platform, you will be exposed to a varied tech stack of both in-house and externally sourced components. You will also get to work with mechanical and electrical systems that are controlled by your software. You will require a strong understanding of Windows 10 operating system developed Industrial control systems and Allen Bradly PLC interfaces on an Industrial PC platform. Additionally, you will use your Python development experience to provide industrial application and operating system design implementation, image creation, patch testing, packaging, deployment and overall support for end user devices and environments. Devices applications and environments will include Industrial PC, Edge Computing platforms, virtual and physical devices in varying operating systems including Windows 10 & 11.
Specifically, your responsibilities in this role are
- Developing and refactoring existing Python code based for Industrial PC
- Testing, Debugging and Diagnosing Python code.
- Developing, compiling, and deploying code on Windows 10 based Industrial PC platforms.
- Integrating new test equipment, motion control hardware, and vision hardware.
- Hands-on integration and development on Industrial platforms
- Ensuring high-quality product by developing and executing test plans.
- Integrating, debugging, and troubleshooting in a hardware and software environment.
- Participating in agile/scrum project planning, perform code review, technical presentations, and status meetings.
About the Required Skills
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Expertise in Visual Studio based Software Development Environment IDE
- Strong experience in developing Edge Clients in Windows 10 and other operating System environments like Greengrass etc.
- Expertise in Windows 10 device driver development and interfacing Allen Bradly and Siemens Industrial PLCs
- Strong knowledge and experience in programing PLC References, Data Blocks, Tags and Addresses
- Strong experience in Windows Schedular for deploying real-time industrial controls and optimization algorithms.
- Expertise in Embedded MongoDB database and related Queries, read-write operations and processing and manipulating data.
- Demonstrated experience in Ethernet communication protocol programming including Snap7 suite.
- Experience in MQTT Edge-to-cloud client development for cloud-based data collection and analysis
- Developing & Debugging Data blogs for advanced diagnostics and anomaly detection
- Strong familiarity and experience with modern source control tools like Github
- Developing and programing Edge to Cloud data export mechanisms including batching and scheduling algorithm
- Remote Software Updates (OTA)
- Data Ingestion & ETL on AWS Cloud Services including IoT Core, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda
About the Role
This is a 3 month remote contract position, to be performed in the eastern time zone. The is the possibility of extension or a permanent role if all parties are amenable.
If you are interested in finding out more, please submit your resume to email@example.com, or please refer someone who is qualified.
At Systematix, we pride ourselves in taking care of our consultant partnerships – by doing the little things that matter – like taking the time to get to know you, knowing when an opportunity is the perfect fit, informing you every step of the way, and building the foundation for long term relationships. We do the same with out clients, concerning ourselves more with the project than the position, so that we have the information you need to ensure an opportunity is right for you. We only work with people who enjoy making a difference.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together.