Senior SAP Basis Administrator
We are Systematix and we are looking for a Senior SAP Basis Administrator for an upcoming opportunity with a Federal Government department. The ideal candidate must be bilingual (English & French).
About the Project
The Senior SAP Basis Administrator for SAP solutions role’s responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport system. Additionally, this role is responsible for the installation, migration, Unicode conversion, upgrade, and maintenance of SAP systems as well as managing the migration of SAP database and application configuration into production. Within this role, you must have excellent SAP basis admin skills, business and technical analytical skills and a customer focus.
As part of the various projects or on-going operations in which you will be involved, you will be responsible for properly documenting requests or issues, coordinate and lead the development on the resolution or options analysis, develop and test the chosen options and monitor the deployment into the production system.
About the Responsibilities
- Implementing and maintaining multiple SAP instances : SAP ECC 6.0 Core system administration including other SAP solutions like SRM, Portal, BW & GRC. Good understanding of integration/installation of 3rd party products.
- Solution Manager administration/management.
- Introduce technical changes in the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
- Developing and maintaining system documentation for all SAP instances and collaboration with ABAP development team in helping with relevant SAP Interfaces documentation.
- Coordinating the management and maintenance of the systems.
- Maintaining the integrity of the SAP landscape by managing the SAP STMS to ensure all relevant SAP transports are promoted properly.
- Monitoring SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, dev traces, disk space).
- Working with other T&I teams/colleagues like SysOps & DBA to coordinate and plan proper maintenance for OS & DB related patching needs.
- Collect, document and review requirements into technical design documents based on a full understanding of the functionality required.
- Prepare feasibility studies for new technologies, or for optimization of development areas, including detailed estimation.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system migration, unicode conversion and upgrades. Research and propose options and resolutions to issues or enhancements in line with SAP best practice.
- Work collaboratively with the functional and ABAP teams and other T&I teams(Network, IDM, SysOps, DBA, Etc.).
- Identify needs for upgrading or enhancements where current technical capacity does not meet client requirements based on recurring issues or future needs.
- Develop technical test plans and test strategy for unit testing.
- Develop integration strategies and approaches in collaboration with other groups and partners.
- Participate and provide feedback in Lessons Learned sessions.
- Design, test and deploy solutions and apply industry best practices in doing so.
- Keep abreast of new and upcoming functionality within the supported applications.
- Provide estimates based on requirements (also required on a ticket by ticket basis).
- Provide input into project activities and project plans.
- Development/testing/deployment strategies for supporting our users needs for SAP’s SAPGUI UI.
- Fine tuning performance and troubleshooting problems.
- Installation, migration, unicode conversion and configuring of all SAP Systems and applications.
- Support our Backup/restore strategies for all of our SAP Systems.
- Managing and building security roles and user management in our SAP environments.
About the Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or College Diploma with relevant experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience occupying the role of a SAP Basis using SAP Netweaver technology for our SAP applications solutions (ECC, SRM, BW, Portal, GRC & SolMan).
- Senior level expertise in the areas of SAP systems administration(Unix/Linux) and solid analysis & design skills.
- Broad knowledge of the SAP software suite, SAP migration and Unicode conversion path.
- Strong knowledge of SAP Best Practices and Standards.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the documentation, analysis, research and design of solutions within a medium to large enterprise using SAP and a release management program.
- In depth knowledge of systems management, administration and project life cycle methodologies including implementation experience for at least one major project end to end.
- Possess experience leveraging tools such as SAP Solution Manager, as well as Google productivity tools (or similar) to design and document your changes.
- Familiar with change management, incident management methodologies and tools (ITSM, ITIL).
- SAP certification or training, and knowledge of Agile practices for specification and testing are not required, but are an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in English are required; French is considered a strong asset.
- Ability to communicate in either technical or business terms depending on your audience would be a strong asset.
Candidates must outline in detail how they meet the above requirements.