Senior QA Test Automation Developer
We are Systematix and we are looking for a seniorlevel QA Test Automation Developer with hands-on experience with Worksoft or other automation suite for one of our key clientele in Toronto.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Quality Assurance (QA) Test Automation Developer will be responsible for developing automated tests, reviewing system requirements and track QA metrics to take corrective measures to ensure successful product launches.
The ideal candidate will have an engineering background with demonstrated acumen in delivering cost-effective, end-to-end solutions for software quality challenges.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, design and deliver automation scripts using open-source tools
- Contribute to the strategy for the transition from manual to an automated testing environment
- Identifying gaps in the test automation framework and participating in the work to close those gaps
- Creating robust automated test case suites using a test automation framework
- Creating test data creation tools and using them to generate test data
- Ensuring that the automation routines run on demand or on schedule
- Participating in the defect process, ensuring that defects are documented, tracked and reported to facilitate timely resolution
- Producing and presenting automated testing-related reports and information, such as requirement-based coverage, testing progress and problem areas
- Analyzing the impact of a change from a testing perspective, including time, cost and risk
- Preparing testing estimates that incorporate all the activities required to effectively automate the testing of a system
- Maintaining and adhering to IT standards and guidelines for testing and test automation
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, preferred.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Strong knowledge of C# and/or Java development
- Experience working with testing methodologies and strategies, functional testing, performance, scalability and regression testing.
- Background in Automation Framework Development.
- Familiarity with software testing tools such as Worksoft, TestComplete, Ranorex, Load Test, Coded UI, Framework for Integrated Test, or "Fit" etc.
- Experience with CI/CD principles and build, deploy and version control tools (BitBucket, Git, Bamboo and/or Mercurial.
- Past participation in test planning/execution, test strategy and data definition, data setup, and reporting on defects as well as status and metrics.
- Experience with scripting
- Understanding of SDLC as well as Agile/Scrum testing methodologies
ABOUT THE ROLE
This a contract or fulltime permanent (preferred) opportunityina hybrid role of remote and onsite work at client's downtown Toronto offices. (Must be willing to occasionally do 2 to 3 weeks of work onsite, ifrequired).
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume email@example.com.Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!
Job: Senior QA Test Automation Developer
"*" indicates required fields