Senior Product Designer / UX Designer
We are Systematix and we are looking for aSenior Product Designer / UX Designerto fill a one-year contract position with one of our key clientele in Toronto, amongthe largest commercial banks in Canada and ranked among the top employers for diversity in the country for several years.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is Canada’s leading provider of custody, trade execution and brokerage solutions to independent Portfolio Managers and Investment Dealers. With over 30years of continuous service and a team of more than 200 professionals, theyserve 400 independent firms with over $200billion in assets and 600,000 Canadian investors.
The Product Team is deeply committed to helping the firmfree up time and grow through intuitive, flexible, and powerful digital experiences that seamlessly support their day-to-day operations. We are on a mission to be our market’s leading FinTech partner and you will be part of the team that gets us there.
Product designers at the firmhave: a curiosity and drive to understand the user expectations for each persona, an ability to communicate them clearly to the team, to create product experiences that are useful and usable. The ideal candidate is interested in and willing to learn about wealth management and the craft of designing world class products.
As Product Designer, you will contribute to the full spectrum of product design responsibilities, from user research to validation and playa coaching role for less experienced colleagues and provideguidance on software design best practices.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contribute to the full spectrum of product design responsibilities, from user research to validation
• Break down abstract needs and research into clear and feasible user interface assets for the engineering team
• Balance business & user impact with development effort to make economic design decisions
• Work within the design team to expand UX and UI design patterns
• Help create a design system to support feature development
• Create hi-fidelity prototypes of components and interactions
• Help manage product wide concerns such as accessibility, white labeling/theming and user preferences
• Work with the platform team to develop components and tools to be used across the platform
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
• 3+ years experience designing web-based software applications; B2B2C experience is an asset
• Experience working with cross-functional product, design, and engineering teams in agile / lean
• Expertise in design thinking and human-centered design methodologies
• Experience with visual and interaction design of software products
• Proficient with design specification of interactions and design attributes like spacing, color and typography
• Prototyping and great interaction design instincts, either with graphic tools or in working HTML/CSS/JS
• Great writtenand spoken communication skills
• Self-starting on projects and working from a position of ambiguity is very beneficial
• Familiarity with accessibility guidelines and techniques for making web-based software accessible is an asset
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a one yearfull-time contract engagement with the strong possibility of extension or optionally turning to perm based on performance. Remote to start and then turning into a hybrid remote and onsite model in client's Toronto offices.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume email@example.com.Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!
Job: Senior Product Designer / UX Designer
"*" indicates required fields