SAP Basis Administrator (Senior Application Developer)
We are Systematix and we are looking for aSAP Basis Administrator (Senior Application Developer)to fill a 6-month+ contract position with one of our National Media Clients in their Toronto, Ottawa, orMontreal offices.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Senior Application Developer (SAP Basis Administrator) for SAP solutions role’s responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport system. Additionally, this role is responsible for the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of SAP systems as well as managing the migration of SAP database and application configuration into production. Within this role, you must have excellent SAP development skills, business and technical analytical skills and a customer focus.
As part of the various projects or on-going operations in which you will be involved, you will be responsible for properly documenting requests or issues, coordinate and lead the development on the resolution or options analysis, develop and test the chosen options and monitor the deployment into the production system.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementing and maintaining multiple SAP instances: SAP ECC 6.0 Core system administration including other SAP solutions like SRM, Portal, BW & GRC. Good understanding of integration/installation of 3rd party products.
- Solution Manager administration/management
- Introduce technical changes in the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
- Developing and maintaining system documentation for all SAP instances and collaboration with ABAP development team in helping with relevant SAP Interfaces documentation.
- Coordinating the management and maintenance of the systems
- Maintaining the integrity of the SAP landscape by managing the SAP CTS to ensure all relevant SAP transports are promoted properly.
- Monitoring SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, dev traces, disk space)
- Working with other T&I teams/colleagues like SysOps & DBA to coordinate and plan proper maintenance for OS & DB related patching needs.
- Collect, document and review requirements into technical design documents based on a full understanding of the functionality required.
- Prepare feasibility studies for new technologies, or for optimization of development areas, including detailed estimation.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades. Research and propose options and resolutions to issues or enhancements in line with SAP best practice.
- Work collaboratively with the functional and ABAP teams and other T&I teams(Network, IDM, SysOps, DBA, Etc.).
- Identify needs for upgrading or enhancements where current technical capacity does not meet client requirements based on recurring issues or future needs.
- Develop technical test plans and test strategy for unit testing.
- Develop integration strategies and approaches in collaboration with other groups and partners. Participate and provide feedback in Lessons Learned sessions.
- Design, test and deploy solutions and apply industry best practices in doing so.
- Keep abreast of new and upcoming functionality within the supported applications.
- Provide estimates based on requirements (also required on a ticket by ticket basis)
- Provide input into project activities and project plans
- Development/testing/deployment strategies for supporting our users needs for SAP’s SAPGUI UI. Fine tuning performance and troubleshooting problems.
- Installation and configuring of all SAP Systems and applications.
- Support our Backup/restore strategies for all of our SAP Systems.
- Managing and building security roles and user management in our SAP environments.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or College Diploma with relevant experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience occupying the role of a SAP Basis using SAP Netweaver technology for our SAP applications solutions (ECC, SRM, BW, Portal,GRC & SolMan)
- Senior level expertise in the areas of SAP systems administration(Unix/Linux) and solid analysis & design skills
- Broad knowledge of the SAP software suite
- Strong knowledge of SAP Best Practices and Standards
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the documentation, analysis, research and design of solutions within a medium to large enterprise using SAP and a release management program
- In depth knowledge of systems development and project life cycle methodologies including implementation experience for at least one major project end to end
- Possess experience leveraging tools such as SAP Solution Manager, as well as Google productivity tools (or similar) to design and document your changes.
- Familiar with change management, incident management methodologies and tools (ITSM, ITIL)
- SAP certification or training, and knowledge of Agile practices for specification and testing are not required, but are an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in English are required; French is considered a strong asset.
- Ability to communicate in either technical or business terms depending on your audience would be a strong asset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a 6-month full-time contract (Mon-Fri, 8 hours a day) engagement. Preference will be given tocandidatesresidingwithin a reasonable distance fromToronto, Ottawa or Montreal. This a HYBRID role that is mostly remote with 1-2 days onsite per month required, or as needed.Occasional travel between Montreal, Toronto, or Ottawa may be required. There will be 1renewal optionof 6months.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume firstname.lastname@example.org.Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!
Job: SAP Basis Administrator (Senior Application Developer)
"*" indicates required fields