Systematix is currently looking for a Network Engineer to develop, maintain and support a growing number of services for one of the global leaders in Life Sciences technologies.
About the Project
Our client is one of the world’s leading Life Sciences companies, with offices around the globe. Working as Network Engineer, you will be supporting the secure integration of networks globally. You will be responsible for promoting and implementing network standards, policies and procedures as well as resolving technical issues raised from the Network Operations team. You will be part of a Global Infrastructure team and communication across teams and disciplines is critical to the role.
About the Responsibilities
- Deploying and maintaining local and wide area networks for our client and its operating companies.
- Maintaining accurate network documentation
- Researching and recommending improvements to the production network.
- Providing tier 3 escalation for troubleshooting complex network issues.
- Participating in tier 3 ‘on call’ rotations with other network team members.
- Interacting on a regular basis with other members of the global network team.
About the Qualifications
- Strong experience with routing protocols and topologies (BGP, OSPF, VRF)
- Extensive experience with Cisco catalyst and nexus switches
- Extensive experience with Cisco routers
- Experience with Cisco wireless solutions.
- Experience with firewalls. (Palo, Illumio)
- Experience with VPN technologies (IPSec, GRE, DMVPN, DTLS)
- Experience with authentication protocols and implementations. (ISE, TACACS, RADIUS, 802.1x)
- Experience with automation tools such as python or ansible
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus.
- Mist Wireless, Juniper NFX, Juniper EX, F5 LTM, DNS, LINUX, Virtualization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred
- Exceptional written and spoken communication
About the Role
This is a remote 6-month contract to be performed remotely in the Pacific time zone.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume or if willing, please refer someone who is qualified. Systematix is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Systematix is one of North America’s largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. We provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and all Private Industry sectors.