IT Security Engineer
Systematix is currently looking for an IT Security Engineer to help with the support and management of global protection systems for one of the world’s leaders in Life Sciences technologies.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
As this global Life Sciences company continues to grow, acquire new organizations and build robust back-end sytems, they require a Security Engineer to take responsibility for the management of services for Palo Alto’s SOAR product. Your focus will be on continuous evaluation of security posture, identifying areas of improvement and working with teams to evolve IT security at all layers across the organization.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing hands-on tier-3 support for security technologies.
- Respond to timely security event notifications from the security operations center
- Providing Information Security related guidance and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Working closely with various internal stakeholders to review, recommend and engineer security technologies in line with corporate information security program.
- Collaborating with Corporate and Operating Company Information Security teams to drive Information Security projects.
- Participating in vulnerability assessments and penetration testing activities.
- Developing detailed designs for implementation of key security infrastructure upgrades and platform recommendations.
- Ensuring adherence to best practices in accordance with information security best practices, industry standards, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate Information Security technical documentation as well as providing reviews and updates of existing policies and procedures.
- Identifying opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Performing Information Security analysis and provide metrics and reporting as required.
- Ensuring compliance with all audit requirements including change control procedures and data security.
ABOUT THE QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience as an information security engineer.
- Strong experience with Palo Alto Cortex XSOAR
- Excellent knowledge of python scripting, API clients, workflow and automation
- Experience working in a security operations center; investigating, responding and/or triaging security events.
- Working knowledge of various privacy, risk, security standards and practices.
- A proven track record of identifying and deploying common secfurity tools and products
- Strong interest and knowledge of security technologies and trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience working in collaborative, team-oriented environments with commitment to results and a proven track record of accomplishments.
- Cisco, Microsoft, AWS and other vendor certifications is an aset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or the equivalent combination of education and training.
- CEH, GCIH/GCIA/GPEN, CISSP or other equivalent security certification is a very strong asset
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a 6-month contract role, to be performed remotely in the eastern time zone.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact us or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment.
Systematix is one of North America's largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. We provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and all Private Industry sectors.
Job: IT Security Engineer
"*" indicates required fields