IT Security Analyst
We are Systematix and we are looking for a intermediate level IT Security Analystwith hands-on experience across all aspects of IT Security to fill a one year contractfor one of our key clientele in Toronto.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The IT Security Analyst, is responsible for implementing, maintaining, monitoring, and running a complete suite of security related services and tools. They have a focus of continuous improvement of the security surrounding the core infrastructure and platform protection systems and services. They will support the security team with security related projects and Business As Usual work.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to perform hands-on tier-3 support for a wide range of security technologies.
- Respond to timely security event notifications with appropriate actions
- Must be able to provide Information Security related guidance and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Work closely with various internal stakeholders to review, recommend and engineer security technologies in line with corporate information security program.
- Participate in Information Security projects, or as security lead in Corporate and Operating Company projects
- Participate in vulnerability assessments and penetration testing activities.
- Define implementation and testing procedures.
- Ensure adherence to best practices in accordance with information security best practices, industry standards, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Participate in User Awareness initiatives.
- Develop and maintain appropriate Information Security technical documentation as well as providing reviews and updates of existing policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform Information Security analysis and provide metrics and reporting as required.
- Provide timely updates to Management regarding projects currently taking place.
- Stay up-to-date with latest security techniques and technology.
- Ensures compliance with all audit requirements including change control procedures, incident management, and data security.
- Provide 24×7 support as appropriate.
- Windows OS administration and implementation
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or the equivalent combination of education and training.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in an IT security role.
- Working knowledge of various privacy, risk, security standards and practices, and networking fundamentals
- Experience with server & endpoint security platform (AV, encryption, HIPS, etc.), firewalls, intrusion prevention, enterprise security event log management, two factor authentication, OS/platform security standards, vulnerability management, data loss prevention and patch management.
- Experience working in a security operations center; investigating, responding and/or triaging security events.
The ideal candidate should be able to learn quickly andbe able to perform several multifacetedfunctions including, but not limited to: reporting, auditing, KPI creation and presentation, patch management, endpoint and server administration, dashboard management, asset management, vulnerability scanning and management, incident investigation and response.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This a one-year contractopportunityina hybrid role of remote and onsite work at client's downtown Toronto offices. (Must be willing to occasionally do 2 to 3 weeks of work onsite, ifrequired). Strong opportunity to extend, or optionally turn into fulltime work based on performance
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume firstname.lastname@example.org.Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!
Job: IT Security Analyst
"*" indicates required fields