Infrastructure Engineer (on-prem and cloud AWS/Azure)
We are Systematix and we are looking for aInfrastructure Engineerwith on-premise and cloudexperience to filla six-month contract position with one of our key clientele in Toronto.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Infrastructure Engineer will be a member of a team of highly skilled hands-on individuals tasked with supporting IT Infrastructure hosted in co-located datacenters as well as in public cloud (Azure, AWS) and private cloud (SalesForce), while assistingwith technical infrastructure projects to support corporate initiatives. Comfortable in a Hybrid environment, the engineer will assist in developingand designing IT infrastructure components aligned to client's Business and technical requirements. Supported systems may include compute (physical, virtual and cloud), storage, network, and cabling infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to effectively analyze complex processes and recommend opportunities to optimize cost and efficiency. As an expert troubleshooter, the engineer will lead investigation and resolution of infrastructure related incidents. The engineer will proactively recommend enhancements for improved security and availability. Focused on continuous improvement, the engineer will develop engineering standards, performance metrics and procedures for repeatable, error free design, implement and operate processes and make use of process automation where applicable.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrate the ability to effectively analyze complex processes and recommend opportunities to optimize cost and efficiency.
· Participates in technical infrastructure projects to support corporate initiatives.
· Coordinate efforts with other teams and external vendors to deliver quality solutions to the business
· Maintain public cloud (Azure, AWS) IaaS and PaaS Infrastructure and recommend improvements to reduce cost and boost performance.
· Install and Maintain Datacenter infrastructure hosted in colocation facilities, this includes occasional hands-on work with physical servers, storage arrays and network devices.
· Some after business hours and weekend work is required in this role. Participation in on-call rotation expected.
· Streamline operations by building appropriate automations. Build runbooks for new and existing solutions.
· Drive resolution of issues with new and existing on premise and cloud solutions if required and assist application teams in diagnosing application issues.
· Maintain and assist with Linux Red Hat environment issues. Make recommendations based on best practices. Would be the primary SME for the Linux environment
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
· 3+ year experience as a system administrator in providing technical assistance and support for infrastructure systems and in the installation and maintenance of Datacenter equipment. With 2 + year experience managing a hybrid environment. (on-premise/public cloud)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Certifications in Server Administration. (VCP /MCSA or MCSE, Azure/AWS will be considered a plus
· Knowledge and current experience preferred:
o Active Directory, Azure AD, Office 365, System Center Operations Manager
o Administration and management of Server Operating systems, RHEL enterprise Linux, Windows Server
o Focus on managing and creating Active directory GPO’s
o Proficient in using Microsoft SCCM, Auto Pilot creating images and software deployment for desktops.
o Datacenter hardware specifically HPE Synergy, HPE 3Par/ Primera and Nimble Storage, NetApp
o VMware vSphere Virtualization. Experience with Horizon View VDI.
o Public cloud Infrastructure management and design (Azure and AWS). Experience with Infrastructure as code and Azure ARM templates.
· Comfortable with occasional racking/un-racking equipment and connecting physical cables
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a six (6) month hybrid (remote and onsite) contract position at client's Mississauga offices with strong opportunity to extend, or turn into fulltime work based on performance.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!
Job: Infrastructure Engineer (on-prem and cloud AWS/Azure)
"*" indicates required fields