Functional Analyst-SAP/ FI/CO
Systematix is currently looking for a Functional Analyst, Level 2 (SAP/ FI/CO) for an upcoming opportunity with a Federal Government department.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Functional Analyst will liaise between the application clients and the technical resources. The Analyst is expected to have business analysis, customer focus and technical skills. He or she will be able to gather business requirements through workshop sessions and translate these requirements into technical ones to provide a list of options and solutions to the clients.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collecting, documenting, updating and reviewing business processes and scenarios into functional design documentation. Ensure proper review and acceptance by the subject matter experts/stakeholders.
- Responding to requests by the customers for enhancements, maintenance and break-fix activities.
- Researching and proposing options and resolutions to issues or enhancements. Document and present outcomes to clients.
- Participating and providing functional input into project base activities.
- Providing estimates based on requirements (also required on a ticket-by-ticket basis).
- Providing input into project activities and project plans.
- Reporting on activities to the assigned Project Manager.
- Developing test plans and test strategies for unit and integration testing.
- Providing support to the user acceptance testing cycle.
- Participating and providing feedback in lessons learned sessions.
- Creating/updating functional documentation before delivery.
- Driving optimization efforts with aligned business unit
- Providing assistance, guidance and training to the clients as needed.
- Advising on best practices and industry standards for solutions.
ABOUT THE QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Administration, Finances, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum seven years of experience as a functional analyst and five years of hands-on SAP configuration experience within the FI/CO, Sales and Distribution and/or Material Management (including COPA) module.
- Detailed understanding of configuring SAP FI/CO, Sales and Distribution and/or Material Management environments and detailed knowledge of the ECC 6 software suite.
- Experience with OpenText VIM (Vendor Invoice Management) solution for SAP Solutions, including Invoice Capture Center (ICC).
- Extensive experience in the documentation, analysis, research and design of solutions within a medium to large enterprise.
- Experience in assessing current business processes and aligning system functionality to optimize efforts.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Familiar with working in Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Familiar with change management and incident management methodologies and tools (ITSM, ITIL).
It would also be helpful if you have the following:
- Knowledge of SAP BW and SAP PS (Project Systems)
- In-depth knowledge of systems development, project life cycle methodologies, and implementation experience
- Certification as an ‘SAP Certified Application Associate for Financial Accounting – strong plus.
- Certified Business Analyst Certification, PMP certification or training and knowledge of Agile practices for specification and testing
- Bilingualism, verbal and written
Candidates will need to provide details on how they meet the above requirements.
Job: Functional Analyst-SAP/ FI/CO
"*" indicates required fields