Director of PMO (Project Management Office)
We are Systematix and we are looking for aDirector of PMOwith experience in business transformationto fill a fulltime permanent positionwith our clientin Winnipeg, Manitoba.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
As Director of Project Management Office, you will help build out our client’s value-driven project management governance framework, leading best practices, and procedures for all infrastructure projects. This will include the development and implementation of establishing guidelines, a governance framework, reporting systems and processes. Success in this role will be dependent on the ability to work with executive leadership and middle management to achieve consensus.
You are a results-driven, entrepreneurial PMO leader who willevolve and execute the business processes that allow our client to deliver projectswith bigger impact, better control, higher margins, and greater client satisfaction within the context of amajor enterprise-level transformation initiative of modernizing in-house legacy applications and technology footprint.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for establishing and leading the achievement of project management stream annual goals and strategic plan
- Direct Project and Program Managers in the design, planning, execution, monitoring, control of, and reporting on cross functional projects and programs
- Direct Project and Program Managers in managing project proposals, working with project teams to define project plans, objectives, budgets, milestones and timelines, and managing changes to project plans within the constraints of scope, time, quality and cost
- Develop, standardize and enhance program and project management strategies, methodologies, systems and processes.
- Define and implement metrics to enable ongoing evaluation and continual improvement of program and project performance identifying lessons learned and implementing process improvements based on these learnings
- Coach program and project managers and other team members on program and project management methodologies and approaches
- Manage priorities based on multiple cross functional program and project timelines, key portfolio/client needs and resource loads and capacity
- Maintain internal program and project management milestones and deliverable calendars; proactively communicate opportunities and challenges to capitalize on resource capacity, identify project and program risks and develop risk management/mitigation strategies and negotiate resolution
- Accountable for the oversight, management, maintenance and continual improvement of program and project management tools
- Help develop and evolvePMO structure that oversees the governance processes, methodologies, tools, and metrics to ensure consulting projects are successful, on-time, and on-budget
- Lead the organization’s strategic capacity planning and resource management to drive utilization and growth; ensuring projects are staffed with the personnel with the right skills and experience
- Be an agent of change; collaborate with the consulting team to design and implement initiatives and continuously improve the efficiency, control, and financial margin of projects
- Define & monitor project performance KPIs and targets, providing analysis to identify key trends, risks, and opportunities
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of relevant experience
- Experience leading a team of Project and Program Managers
- Experience managing simultaneous programs and projects of all size and complexity, including customer-facing projects from initiation to implementation using a disciplined approach to project management required
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership: including knowledge of budget and timeline management, scope management, risk management, issues management, timely decision making, effective team building, ability to prioritize and delegate appropriately and deal with changing priorities
- Experience communicating, presenting and influencing all levels of the organization
- Strong People Leadership, Strategic Planning, Project and Program Management, Project Risk Management, Budgeting and Forecasting, Change Leadership and Strategic Influence required
- Demonstrated success designing and implementing new business processes
- Knowledge of resource management processes and tools
- Good planning and financial budgeting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or business degree would be an asset
- Excellent Knowledge of project performance evaluation and change management principles
- Director-level experienceincluding management of a significant operating budget, participation in strategic planning, long term human resource planning, budgeting for special projects, and improvement initiatives
- Proven experience withhiring, performance management, and development of planning of staff to ensuretechnical expertise of the unit is maintained
ABOUT THE ROLE
This a fulltime permanent position. Applicants must be based in Manitoba and be willing to work a hybrid role of remote and onsite work at client’s Winnipegoffices.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume email@example.com.Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!
Job: Director of PMO (Project Management Office)
"*" indicates required fields