DevOps Strategy Specialist
We are Systematix and we are looking for aDevOps Strategy Specialistto fill a 6-month+ contract position (hybrid or fully remote) with one of our National Media Clients in their Toronto or Montreal offices.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Enterprise Applications group is looking for an experienced specialist to develop a DevOps Strategy and Roadmap. The goal is to assess the existing situation, identify applicable industry best practices and typical challenges, define desired future state considering our realities and develop a detailed implementation roadmap.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze the current organization, software development lifecycle, available IT resources, and IT infrastructure.
- Map business expectations and identify IT capabilities and constraints. Define DevOps implementation strategy:
- Design the containerization approach Design/Improve the CI/CD approach
- Advise on the test automation approach and integration of continuous testing into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Design integration of IaC and configuration management tools with CI/CD tools Design an automated monitoring solution
- Identify DevOps-specific challenges (e.g., the lack of necessary competencies, legacy applications difficult to containerize) and elaborate on their solutions.
- Develop a detailed DevOps implementation and change management roadmap. Mentor the DevOps practitioners to achieve the set DevOps implementation objectives.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated experience in DevOps and Agile Practices
- Demonstrated experience in defining and implementing a DevOps Strategy and Roadmap In-depth knowledge in / experience with:
- Addressing Security and Compliance Concerns
- Redesigning the IT Coordination Processes Defining DevOps Roles
- Designing and Adjusting Team Structures
- Creating an Automation Strategy
- Optimizing the toolchain
- Implementing a DevOps Release Dashboard
- Implementing DevOPs Best Practices
- CI/CD Tools
- Containerization Tools
- Test Automation Tools
- Monitoring Tools
- Coding & Scripting
- Database/Data Storage
- Familiarity with current trends and industry best practices.
- Self-starter with strong ability to lead through influence.
- Strong communication and coaching skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Analytical mind and open-minded approach to problem solving. Creative and Innovative.
- Ability to multitask and deal with concurrent and/or conflicting priorities. Ability to work with remote teams.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is a strong asset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a 6-month full-time contract (Mon-Fri, 8 hours a day) engagement which can by done either hybrid remote and onsite work model in Toronto or Montreal offices, or fully remote. There will be 2renewal options of 3 months each.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume email@example.com.Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!
Job: DevOps Strategy Specialist
"*" indicates required fields