DB2 Database Administrator / Database Specialist
We are Systematix and we are looking for a seasoned DB2 Database Administrator / Database Specialistto fill a full-time permanent position with one of our key clientele in the financial services industry.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is one of Canada’s leading insurance providers, with regional offices across Canada.
The Database Specialist will play a crucial role for the organization: they will be responsible for providing technical leadership for database administration across environments. This individual will be the primary to support database administration for LUW and z/OS DB2 and secondary for Progress and MS SQL with a significant focus on continuous improvement and technology strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, installing, and upgrading the DBMS and application tools. They will allocate system storage and plan for future storage requirements, modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers. They will enroll users or groups; ensuring compliance with DBMS and tools vendor license agreements. They will be passionate about mentoring and training less experienced Database Engineers and will identify opportunities for cost avoidance or reduction in the database environment.
In other words, they’re awesome.If you are too, please consider joining our client's forward-thinking IT Solutions Delivery team!
ABOUT THE SKILLS
- Communicating effectively across the business.
- Demonstrating professional communication skills (both oral and written).
- Organizing and prioritizing work assignments and adjusting to peak workloads.
- Committing to ongoing professional and technical development.
- Recognizing unrelated problems and implementing an appropriate solution with established guidelines.
- Working with minimal supervision.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary Education (Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree is preferred) or equivalent on the job experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in production database administration and design/data modelling experience with both LUW and Zos DB2
- StrongDB2 Linux-UNIX-Windows expertise with AIX being preferred
- Working knowledge of technologies impacting database solutions including storage and replication
- Understanding of storage technologies
- Understanding of routine maintenance, backup, recovery, server failover related to the DBMS
- Understanding of server, database and application security for area of responsibilities
- Experience operating SQL Server and related tools in Azure
- Demonstrated experience in disaster recovery processes, procedures and execution
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
- Prioritizing your well-being (Wellness Program, flexible health benefits, employee assistance)
- Promoting balance (flexible schedules, generous time off, and work from home options)
- Supporting your financial health (employee share purchase plan, pension plans, discount on staff insurance)
- Helping you grow in your career (education assistance, internal mobility)
- Caring about the community and the causes you believe in (donation matching, team volunteering)
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time permanentposition involving a hybrid work model requiring remote and onsite work at client'smain office based in the downtown Toronto financial district. A flexible schedule is offered for onsite work.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume email@example.com.Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!