We are Systematix and we are looking for a seasoned Database Engineerto fill a full-time permanent position with one of our key clientele in the financial services industry in Toronto.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is one of Canada’s leading insurance providers, with regional offices across Canada.
The Database Engineer will handle database administration Primarily for Microsoft SQL Server and secondarily for Progress, PostgreSQL, DB2, and Snowflake EDW on both on premise and Azure and any upcoming data management technologies with a significant focus on continuous improvement and technology strategy.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Pro-actively ensure database systems are maintained at the highest level of support in all production and non-production environments.
- Manage multipledatabase platforms, primarily for Microsoft SQL Server and secondarily for Snowflake, Progress, PostgreSQL, DB2 on both On premise & Azure Cloud environment in both Windows & UNIX environments.
- Proactively monitor & tune RDBMS for both OLTP & EDW and advise continuous improvement scope
- Participate in on-call database support on rotational basis.
- Participate in Proof of concept of new technologies as we explore and implement for applications as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Post-Secondary Education (Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree is preferred) or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of experience in database design administration and data modelling with strong focus in all versions of SQL Server; SSIS/SSAS/SSRS/MDS technologies, Azure MI, Progress and PostgreSQL on both on premise and Azure cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of technologies impacting database solutions including storage and replication.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Windows operating systems and UNIX.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of database theory and logical and physical database design.
- Knowledge of networking, middleware and web server interfaces.
- Understanding of storage technologies.
- Understanding of routine maintenance, backup, recovery, server failover related to the DBMS.
- Expert in server, database, and application security for area of responsibilities
- Knowledge of security technologies for area of responsibilities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of scripting in Windows or PowerShell and UNIX shell.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in performance tuning.
- Experience operating Microsoft data platforms in a cloud.
- Experience working in agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of IT best practices, processes, and procedures in a financial organization.
- Demonstrated experience in disaster recovery processes, procedures, and execution.
- Knowledge or certification in one or more of client'sDBMS solutions.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
- Prioritizing your well-being (Wellness Program, flexible health benefits, employee assistance)
- Promoting balance (flexible schedules, generous time off, and work from home options)
- Supporting your financial health (employee share purchase plan, pension plans, discount on staff insurance)
- Helping you grow in your career (education assistance, internal mobility)
- Caring about the community and the causes you believe in (donation matching, team volunteering)
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time permanentposition involving a hybrid work model requiring remote and onsite work at client'smain office based in the downtown Toronto financial district. A flexible schedule is offered for onsite work.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume email@example.com.Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!
Job: Database Engineer
"*" indicates required fields