Data Center Technician
We are Systematix and we are looking for a Data Center Technician to fill a contract position with one of our key clientele in the equipment manufacturing industry in the GTA – just north of Toronto.
About the Project
Our client, one of the world’s leading commercial, industrial and construction equipment manufactures, is seeking a Data Center Technician to work with the DC Operations Team assisting with installation and support of infrastructure, data centers and network closet. The successful candidate is an outgoing self-starter who is willing to show initiative and learn quickly on the job.
About the Responsibilities
- Managing/setting up servers (physical & virtual) using management tools: HP SIM/Oneview, Solarwinds, iLo Amplifier, 5Nine
- Managing/setting up UPS
- Installation/removal of equipment in DCs (data centers)
- Creating & updating documentation
- Updating Active Directory server info
- HPE SIM (monitor alerts, run reports, version upgrades, add servers)
- HPE OneView (version upgrades)
- HPE Insight Remote Support (monitor alerts, version upgrades, add HPE hardware)
- Investigate disk space issues
- Add servers
- Update Solarwinds version
- Respond to server hardware failures (drives, RAM, NIC, power supplies, etc)
- Troubleshoot physical server issues with HPE
- HPE server SPP (firmware and drivers updates)
- Decommission hardware
- Setup rack mount servers, blades
- Setup all virtual servers (HyperV & ESX)
- Maintain virtual server templates (HyperV & ESX)
- Setup OVA appliance servers
- Setup physical servers
- Setup branch servers ML350, ML110 (2 Hyper-V VMs, data migration to file server)
- Shipping hardware, UPS and branch servers (pack and bring server to shipper at building B)
- Troubleshooting hardware issues ie UPS, PDU, ATS
- Break and fix issues:
- Troubleshooting with vendors support
- Coordinating with vendors to replace hardware
- Updating Server setup documentation and creating other setup documents
- Updating and maintaining servers and decommission Excel sheets
- Updating AD server object descriptions and attributes
- Installing/removing hardware in racks, ie servers, UPS, PDU, ATS
- Cross connecting BIX connections
- Running and removing FC cables
- Labelling cables
- Backup Tbox support
- DC daily walkthrough
- Update rack spread sheet
- Monitor alerts from rack PDU, ATS, UPS
- Troubleshooting connection issues
- Setup/replace Eaton UPS
- Troubleshoot UPS issues
- Monitor UPS alerts
- UPS network card firmware update
- Updating Eaton IPM with new UPS
About the Requirements
- Analytical with high detail, self-motivated, self-driven.
- Technical understanding & troubleshooting abilities
- Experience with computer hardware & windows OS.
- Basic understanding of networking
- Works well with team & individually.
- Experience with computer virtualization
- There is occasional after hours work (evenings/weekends)
- Travel to other branches across Canada required (Mostly in the GTA). Expenses/mileage covered.
- Physical work entails lifting of boxes, installing servers & running network cabling
- Must be able to lift 35lb boxes
About the Role
This is a six (6) month contract position (full-time hours) located in Concord, Ontario involving a hybrid of remote and onsite work. (4 days onsite, 1 day remote). Strong possibility of extension or optionally turning into fulltime perm, based on performance.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume to email@example.com. Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!