We are currently looking for a Data Architect experienced with business and technology projects.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is a Canadian headquartered global company providing deep Data Management solutions with a strong focus in the FIS marketplace.
The Data Architect will be an integral contributor to the Data Strategy team reporting to the VP, Data and Analytics. You can expertly frame the organizational data strategy, maintain data quality, map the flow of data, and lockdown the security of the data. You are a data management professional who interprets business requirements into technical requirements, continuously improving outcomes, improving the client experience and fortifying the strategy through data. You will work towards broad adoption of an evolving information management design framework, and corresponding data and data security management tooling and practices. Within the Data & Analytics and Information Technology teams, you will collaborate with business partners to develop strategic data initiatives, internally to develop data management practices and mature data science competency, especially engineering and enterprise architecture practices, towards cloud innovation and delivery of data and analytics capability and environments.
The Data Architect is an excellent communicator, who can articulate vision, explain, and demonstrate the concepts across all levels of the leadership/management teams to influence the adoption of the company’s data architecture and governance.
We are in search of someone with a passion for solving complex technical problems with elegant solutions, that thrives in a collaborative environment, welcomes feedback, and exhibits strong attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Overall data architecture for the organization that includes a set of rules, policies, and models that determine the type of data collected, and how it is used, processed, and stored within a database system
- Guides and facilitates policies for accountable people across the business who are the data owners for the organization to ensure the integrity and performance for solutions where the data is utilized.
- Develops, administers, and governs the data architecture principles on which the entire framework is based. They consider data as an asset defined on pre-set parameters and is accessible, shareable, manageable, and secured.
- Deploy data architecture to primarily convert business needs into data and system requirements, align business processes with IT systems, and manage the complex flow of data and information within the organization.
- Works with the Enterprise architect to define the sources of structured and unstructured data
- Provides the rules and guidance for data extraction to maintain data integrity and performance
- Monitors the quality and management of the master data management repositories for exploration, profiling, matching, cleansing, enriching data
- Supports solution architects in creating improved performance flows in data retrieval, transformation, and storage, determines best practices for data integration, supports data analytic search analytics and visualization of data
- Ownership and communication of the evolving company architectural roadmap
- Ongoing evolution of data models across multiple business units, data & analytics, and IT
- Analysis of source systems data structures and its relationship to dimensional models
- Development of documentation framework
- Providing guidance of the mapping specifications between the source systems data and data repositories
- Requirement analysis with the IT business units to gain situational context
- Collaboration with IT business units to create business cases, presenting the data architectural roadmap identifying quantifiable project value
- Collaborate with the SysOps and ITSec teams to create the ideal support model for the future architectural state
- Data governance framework
YOUR TECHNICAL EXPERTISE:
- 10 years of combined applied experience and an advanced university degree in related discipline(s) with concentration in computer science, engineering, information systems or information technology
- Display your knowledge in live and demonstrated examples
- Experience building a data architecture strategy from the ground up with an understanding of how to link legacy and modern technologies with modern principles
- Expert knowledge of data architecture concepts and practices
- Kimball Dimensional Modelling
- Creation of transactional data
- Balancing data loads
- Event messaging (such as Kafka) and common messaging formats (such as JSON) and corresponding productivity tools.
- Data documentation – creation of useful data dictionaries, entity relationship diagrams
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role is a one-year contract engagement with the possibility of becoming a permanent fulltime position. The work is to be carried out in the Waterloo area or remote in Southern Ontario (with regular visits to the office for team meetings and to meet with business partners).
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume. Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Job: Data Architect
"*" indicates required fields