Data Analytics Developer
We are Systematix and we are looking for aData Analytics Developerto fill a one year contract position (strong possibility of turning into fulltime permanent)with one of our key clientele in Toronto.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client, one of Canada's leading real estate investment trusts overseeing several thousand rental properties across the nation, is seekinga capable candidate with strong technical and analytics skills for the position of Data Analytics Developerto help their Business Intelligence and Data Management team. The developer will play a pivotal role in the design and creation of analytics products that would meet business requirements and create demonstrable business value.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and create advanced analytics solutions using Azure and SAP suite of tools
- Demonstrate leadership in showcasing to business stakeholders the role that data and analytics solutions can play in creating business value
- Create analytics insights and answer business questions using internal, as well as publicly available data through tools such as Azure Databricks, Synapse Analytics or Azure ML Studio
- Design and build statistical and data science-based models for descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics initiatives
- Choosing the appropriate model, tools, and algorithm for the initiative and conduct hyper-parameter tuning for the chosen methodology
- Assist with designing data ingestion and storage processes such as through Azure Data Factory, logics/function apps, Azure SQL, and other similar services
- Assist other developers in building visuals such as Power BI dashboards to interpret results of developed models for internal customers
- Evaluate existing query design, data structure, and data quality to provide recommendations for improvement
- Perform quality assurance and code reviews on existing products and documentation
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- University degree or above in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, or another quantitative field
- 3-5 years of experience with Python ML development, with special preference for programming proficiency in NLP, deep learning, and recommender systems
- 2-3 years of experience of working with SQL and big data tools such as PySpark/SparkML
- 2-3 years of experience with Azure resources such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Function Apps, and Azure Databricks
- Experience with SAP ERP/BW/BPC suite, Power BI, Git/Azure DevOps, and JIRA would be an asset
- High proficiency in Microsoft suite of office applications
- Creative, innovative, and critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
ABOUT THE ROLE
This a one-year contract position with the strong possibility of turning into a fulltime permanent opportunity based on performance. This is a hybrid role of mostly remote and some onsite work at client's downtown Toronto offices.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume firstname.lastname@example.org.Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!
Job: Data Analytics Developer
"*" indicates required fields