Cybersecurity Project Manager (Remote)
We are Systematix and we are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager with IT Security knowledge to aid in our client’s ongoing security integration strategies. We are looking for someone who has passion for sound project management, knowledge on IT systems and infrastructure, knows key security concepts and best practices, and can clearly communicate technical and non-technical subject matters to a wide audience.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is looking for a Strategic Project Manager to oversee multiple projects as our client strengthens their security regimens within their Global organization. In this role you will be responsible for managing the successful end-to-end delivery of Operational cybersecurity projects within Corporate IT while managing requisite constraints. You will be required to demonstrate project discipline with an agile approach to work that continuously evolves to achieve the intended project objectives. A contagious sense of drive and determination to advance and enhance the effectiveness through project management practices The role will also be responsible for overseeing project delivery excellence to cultivate a security minded culture across our operating companies. Your passion for sound project management, knowledge on IT systems & infrastructure, knows key security concepts and best practices, and can clearly communicate technical and non-technical subject matters to a wide audience.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with other project managers, IT resources, security team personnel to manage projects from idea phase through completion
- Develop and track detailed project plans, scope, schedules, timelines, milestones, risk, & issues to drive successful outcomes (on-time and on budget)
- Maintain and provide regular status reporting to leadership (executive level) and escalate issues that may put projects at risk
- Manage Operational Request intake and resource capacity
- Manage technical and non-technical project delivery resources in a matrixed organization
- Proactively set and communicate expectations with project stakeholders
- Ensure timely identification of issues and risk mitigation measures
- Distill complex problems into manageable tasks with clear goals for achievement
- Ability to build and maintain dashboards, KPIs, scorecards, and metrics to monitor performance
- Clearly communicates “who, what, why, how?” of security initiatives in simple to understand terms
- Assist Information Security Leadership team in planning, coordinating, arranging, and tracking initiatives and logistics to manage time and priorities
ABOUT THE REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8+ years of experience planning and coordinating technical IT projects
- Experience managing security projects
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Familiarity working with internal and external resources and service providers
- Knowledge of learning management systems and web portal technologies is desired
- Ability to be successful in a matrixed organization
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and changing business requirements
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and with a team
- Detail and goal oriented
- 5+ years of waterfall, agile, scrum or other technical IT project management experience
- PMP certification is a plus
- Ability to work with/lead a team and independently contribute successes
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a 6-month contract, to be performed remotely with an intent to extend services.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume. Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment.
Systematix is one of North America's largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. We provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and all Private Industry sectors. Systematix, we pride ourselves in taking care of our consultant and client partnerships; we only work with people who enjoy making a difference.
Job: Cybersecurity Project Manager (Remote)
"*" indicates required fields