C# Test Automation Developer (Hybrid)
We are Systematix and We are currently looking for a Test Automation Developer to be a significant contributor to the Product Development team with one of our key clientele.
About the Project
Our client is one of North America’s leading Scientific Test and Measurement organizations, with offices worldwide. Due to its ever-expanding technology footprint, providing best in class software solutions for the equipment they design and manufacture, the future of its development technology roadmap needs a guiding hand.
About the Responsibilities
- Contribute to the strategy for the transiton from manual to an automated testing environment
- Identifying gaps in the test automation framework and participating in the work to close those gaps
- Creating robust automated test case suites using a test automation framework
- Creating test data creation tools and using them to generate test data
- Ensuring that the automation routines run on demand or on schedule
- Participating in the defect process, ensuring that defects are documented, tracked and reported to facilitate timely resolution
- Producing and presenting automated testing-related reports and information, such as requirement-based coverage, testing progress and problem areas
- Analyzing the impact of a change from a testing perspective, including time, cost and risk
- Preparing testing estimates that incorporate all the activities required to effectively automate the testing of a system
- Maintaining and adhering to IT standards and guidelines for testing and test automation
About the Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of C# development
- Experience working with testing methodologies and strategies, functional testing, performance, scalability and regression testing.
- Background in Automation Framework Development.
- Familiarity with software testing tools such as TestComplete, Ranorex, Load Test, Coded UI, Framework for Integrated Test, or “Fit” etc.
- Experience with CI/CD principles and build, deploy and version control tools (BitBucket, Git, Bamboo and/or Mercurial.
- Past participation in test planning/execution, test strategy and data definition, data setup, and reporting on defects as well as status and metrics.
- Experience with scripting
- Understanding of SDLC as well as Agile/Scrum testing methodologies
- Experience in a scientific/lab environment is a strong asset
About the Role
This is a 6 month contract position with a strong potential for extensions. The role will be performed in a hybrid modelin our client’s North Toronto offices.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact us or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across Canada, we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to hundreds of Regional, National, Provincial and Federal Government clientele.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!