Business System Analyst
We are Systematix and we are looking for aBusiness System Analystto fill a 6-monthcontract position (strong possibility of renewal or optionallyturning into fulltime opportunity) with one ofour key clientele in the Toronto/GTA area.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client, aservice-driven paper and packaging products company and one of Canada’s largest paper manufacturers employing over a 1000 people at eight manufacturing plants and four distribution centers, is seeking aBusiness System Analyst, toextract, configure, summarize, and analyze data from varioussystems to assist in making optimal business decisions.
Youwill manipulate and analyze large data sets to answer business questions, and then document results, using them to design and write new and updated software programs and products.
Responsibilities include “knowledge management”, “risk assessment”, “forward thinking” and assuring coherent and efficient access by the leadership team to accurate, useful data.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage and Analyze System Data:
- Manage and manipulate large data sets. Analyze data sets and deliver reports that outlineproduction and financial performance, focusing on inefficiencies, inaccuracies, and other issues.
Develop Reporting Software: Aid in the design, development and implementation of programs and applications needed to measure results, produce desired metrics, offer business solutions, and improve decision-making capabilities.
Offer Solutions: Identify potential automation and process improvement opportunities related to systems. Participate on and contribute to project teams as assigned.
Automate Metrics: Work with supervisor and senior management team to automate the process of pulling data from systems (e.g. Amtech, CTI, Quality System, Baan, Data Warehouse, ESKO WebCenter) to produce various business performance metrics.
Analyze, modeling and documentation:Complex business processes and solutions using standardized analysis tools such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, business requirements documents, and state diagrams. In addition, AS-IS and TO-BE technical and business requirements.
- Continuously Refine Job Description: Coordinate adjustments to job processes and products to improve overall production efficiency and financial performance
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- College Degree in Computer Science or similar major
- In-depth understanding of technical and implementation details of software solutions with advanced level understanding and experience with software development life cycle, testing methodologies and processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office,data manipulation software (DOMO, Tableau, Power BI, Cliq, etc) and ERP systems
- Demonstrated database management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work through unstructured problem sets
- High-level of written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Google Drive, Dropbox
- Microsoft Excel: Able to manipulate data, lookup table, pivot table, conditional color formatting, etc
- Data analytics (basic): Data average, Data grouping, Data max/min, Datasets, etc
- Data acquisition: Able to write SQL queries with LEFT JOIN, OUTER JOIN, INNER JOIN, UNION, etc
- Data charting: Pie chart, Bar chart, Line Graph, etc
- Experience in manufacturing industry is a strong asset
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a 6-month contract position with strong possibility of extension, or optionally turning into a contract-to-hire full-time opportunity (based on performance), in the east end of Toronto involving a hybrid model of remote and onsite work.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume email@example.com.Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment opportunity to them.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across North America we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and private industry sectors.
Systematix is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be anequal opportunity employer.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!