Finance Solution Architect, SAP ECC
Finance Solution Architect, SAP ECC
Linguistic requirements: Bilingual Preferred but not Required (English and French)
Location: Montréal, Toronto or Ottawa, 1- 2 days a week in the office.
The company is planning to launch an initiative to assess and improve Finance practices and business processes – and implement a new Finance ERP solution to enable this transformation.
This is a multi-year initiative.
Many of the current business processes and supporting technology solutions (SAP R/3 on-prem) were established more than twenty years ago and have been heavily modified (and highly customized) throughout the years to adapt to company’s changing reality. A transformational change is required to modernize the Finance function and re-align processes and tools through: simplification and harmonization, more automation, more digital (less paper) to expand capabilities, increase efficiencies and improve agility.
Key Project Objectives:
– Review existing Finance business practices and processes
– Identify modern and standardized Finance business practices and processes
– Prepare Business Case and RFP for proposed solution
– Implement a modern, capable Cloud-based SaaS Finance solution to enable the business of Finance
What does success look like? Consistent, industry standard Finance practices and processes enabled by a robust, readily accessible ERP Finance Solution to position the company as an employer of choice in a rapidly evolving digital marketplace and associated workforce.
The IT Architect is responsible for the overall review of the current Finance systems architecture.
As part of the RFP documentation and solution selection / implementation, you’ll define the architecture for these solutions and define how they fit into the broader enterprise architecture including integration with other systems. You are responsible for the delivery of all architecture documents and artifacts as required by our current methodology.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Review existing technical solutions and integrations;
– Identify modern and standardized technical best practices and processes;
– Develop technology roadmap for ERP Finance ecosystem;
– Support development of Business Case and RFP for proposed solution;
– Evaluate RFP responses and proposed solutions;
– Prepare for implementation of a modern, capable Cloud-based SaaS Finance technology solution while reducing technical debt;
– Responsible for the overall architecture, for current and future state, of one or more application systems
– Design optimized integration points between systems to establish the overall solution;
– Lead or Participate in design reviews; validate technology approaches and associated work; products to ensure adherence to company guidelines;
– Ensure existing application and/or data-security policies are followed, and incorporate security requirements into the overall architecture;
– Ensure data quality and integrity in accordance with defined roles, processes, and criteria;
– Develop proof of concept prototypes for solutions and platforms to ensure viability;
– Contribute to the development of standards and guidelines and contribute to the continuous improvement of the architecture of our applications;
– Provide technical leadership for complex technical issues;
– Provide guidance to the functional specialist team in the implementation, integration and configuration of the solution.
Service Requirements – Qualifications
The most important:
1. Expert experience with SAP-ECC6 and typical integrations;
2. Experience in assisting the client as a point of reference while transitioning from SAP on-prem to a cloud-based Finance ERP solution;
3. Involvement in several different cloud-based Finance system implementations (SAP, Oracle, Workday, Microsoft and others).
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and proven success in roles assisting large employers with improving the performance of their organization. This includes improving the delivery of services, implementing technologies, aligning technology and people strategies with business strategies, streamlining and standardization policies, practices and processes, transforming the organization to be more effective.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and proven success with serving on several global and/or enterprise-wide implementations which includes leveraging the following areas and skill sets:
– Expert experience with SAP R/3 on-prem (or similar) and typical integrations;
– Experience in assisting the client as a point of reference while transitioning from SAP R/3 on-prem to a cloud-based Finance ERP solution;
– Management of several different cloud-based Finance system implementations (SAP, Oracle, Workday, Microsoft and others);
– Assessment, design and delivery of a client’s current processes based on leading practices;
– Experience in working with Cloud (SaaS) and On-Premise Finance solutions and vendors, including vendor selection, contract negotiation, support model definition and implementation, business continuity plan, security, service level agreement, contract termination condition, cost of ownership;
– Technical acumen of system configuration, especially for cloud integrations;
– Collaborate with multiple teams with multiple work streams and across multiple time zones; help create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation;
– Coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback;
– Experience with Data & Analytics, Business Intelligence and Performance Management practices, processes and technologies.
– Familiarity and experience with digital transformations.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or the equivalent)
– A minimum ten (10) years’ experience in application development with progressively senior roles related to Application Architecture and Development.
– Thorough and detailed understanding of application performance issues and performance tuning techniques.
– Strong knowledge of SaaS Finance ERP solutions and associated integrations (cloud or on-prem).
– Familiarity and experience with at least one architecture framework (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF) is an asset.
– Knowledge of web technologies, cloud technologies, APIs, integrations and interfaces (synchronous and asynchronous ), testing (automated), development methodologies, authentication (e.g. SSO, oAuth2).
The successful candidate will be required to work from company’s office in Montréal, Toronto or Ottawa and remote in order to participate in daily activities. Availability to travel between Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa if required.
– You must demonstrate the ability to understand customers’ business issues, needs, and/or business opportunities and to design a solution that completely and accurately allows your customer to achieve their goals and objectives.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to influence desired outcomes.
– Extremely creative, talented at problem solving and designing fulsome solutions.
-Ability to quickly learn on the job and work within tight timelines.
-Ability to stay current with the latest technologies, trends and development approaches and architectures while maintaining commitments to projects and support requirements.